COURSE TITLE: Emergency Response Team Training for Fire and Safety
CODE: OSH 08 (1 Day)
LANGUAGE: English/ Bahasa Malaysia
1. PROGRAM OVERVIEW
A workplace emergency is an unforeseen situation that threatens your workers, customers, or the public; disrupts or shuts down your operations; or causes physical or environmental damage. Whether your company is a high-hazard or low-hazard environment all employees are at risk for a number of medical illnesses and trauma related injuries. Nobody expects an emergency or disaster. Yet emergencies and disasters can strike anyone, anytime, anywhere. Employers should establish effective safety and health management systems and prepare their workers to handle emergencies before they arise. And most importantly, all organizations must be able to respond to workplace emergencies quickly and competently. To achieve this, an organization must have an emergency response plan in place, as well as staff members who are trained and prepared to respond to emergencies should one arise.
The Emergency Response Team training course is designed for workplaces whom have an on-site Emergency Response Team. This is to train on-site responders in best practice emergency response, hazard management and operational response techniques. Delivered on site this training takes attendees along the response path, coaching and mentoring the teams with respect to key actions and roles. This training is developed to tailor organization’s annual emergency training requirements according to their site risks and procedures.
2. TARGET GROUP
This course is targeted Emergency Response Team members and fire team members. It is also suitable for crisis committee members, personnel/ teams who may be expected to respond on site during an emergency response. For example; Shift team leaders, control room team members etc. We recommend a minimum number of 20 participants per session to maximize engagement, learning, and participant experience. Sessions are capped at 25 participants for this workshop due to the amount of skills-building and coaching that takes place during the session.
3. LEARNING OUTCOMES
In the preparedness phase business entities are responsible to ensure that their ERT and employees receive the appropriate training and equipment necessary to perform tasks that may be required during an emergency response. Thus, this training is to train responders in best practice onsite emergency response, hazard management and operational response techniques. Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- It enables the organization to determine the effectiveness of the emergency plan and the organization capabilities and limitations in deploying ERT.
- It allowing ERT or responders to get integrate with one another and practice their skills.
- It enables in identifying any under performance in response resources.
- It enables the ERT to respond to workplace emergencies quickly, competently and to meet dangerous challenges with greater confidence
4. TRAINING METHODOLOGY
The course comprises instructor-led training with a strong emphasis on both theory and practical exercises and rich feedback. The training course is run on customer sites, using real hazards and challenges for learning opportunities. There are no formal assessments (exams, tests, presentations etc.) for this course. However, to earn a certificate of attendance, participants will be required to attend both course days and actively participate in exercises and discussion workshops.
5. COURSE OUTLINE
PLANNING AND RESPONDING TO WORKPLACE EMERGENCIES
- Legal Obligations
- MKN 20
- OSH Act 1994 (Act 512)
- CIMAH Regulation 1996
- Fire Services Act and Regulation 1998 (Act 341)
- Emergency management principles
- Hazard awareness understanding safe area identification
- Type of Emergency situations
- Medical Emergency
- Fire Emergency
- Hazardous material spills
- Security Emergency
- Emergency response best practices
- Dynamic response / Risk assessment / Decision making
- Casualty prioritization and handling
- Effective emergency Communications
- The roles and responsibilities of the emergency response team members
- Working with the local authority Emergency response services
PHEIO Management Sdn Bhd
No 19-2 Jalan Elektron F U16/F
E Boulevard Denai Alam
40160 Shah Alam.
Tel/ Fax: 03-7831 9447
Mobile/ Whatsapp: 012-295 3077
7. OTHER INFORMATION
HRDF Approved Training Provider
PHEIO Management Sdn Bhd
Sijil Pendaftaran Penyedia Latihan
Serial No: 1150056T
Valid until: 05 Jan 2022
Scheme: SBL -Skim Bantuan Latihan