COURSE TITLE: FOOD SAFETY AND HALAL ASSURANCE
CODE: FS 27 (1 DAY)
LANGUAGE: ENGLISH/ BAHASA MALAYSIA
1. PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Food safety refers to the conditions and practices that preserve the quality of food to prevent contamination and food-borne illnesses. Food safety is a global concern that covers a variety of different areas of everyday life.
This course will educates about the importance of safe food handling and how to reduce the risks associated with foodborne illness starts with sourcing materials and ends with the highest level of service and delivery of superior products to the customers.
When selecting a supplier, the key performance indicators for food safety preventive controls, including:
- Supplier Food Safety Assurance Program
- Product Specifications and Controls
- Supplier Evaluation and Assessment
- Product Protection (which may include allergen controls and environmental monitoring to avoid contamination)
Furthermore, industry players in both food and non-food sectors should ensure that their products are Halal and Thoyibban (wholesome) and should be incorporate the halal principles in their manufacturing processes (best practices). Halal food products should be Halal certified in order to gain access to the global food market for the growing Muslim community.
The training includes 1 hour assessment as evaluation of training effectiveness.
2. TARGET GROUP
- All staff of Halal Product Manufacturer, Catering Service Providers, Traders, Wholesalers and other organizations directly or indirectly involved with food productions.
- Managers, Food Safety Team Leaders, HACCP Team and Food Committee, Document Controllers, Hygiene Managers and those involve in Assurance of Food Safety and Hygiene Management.
- Industry players that looking the procedures on the applications for halal certification, managing business related matters using halal-based administration and services.
- Parts of a supplier Food Safety Assurance Program
- Choosing Suppliers
- Product Specifications and Control
- Evaluating Suppliers
- Overview the Halal Industry
- Fundamentals of Halal
- Basic in Halal and Haram
- Concepts of Halal Food/Ingredients
- Malaysian Halal Certification
- The Recognised Foreign Halal Certification Bodies By JAKIM
4. LEARNING OUTCOMES
On successful completion of the training, participants shall be able to:
- Understand supplier food safety assurance program and controls.
- Understand the importance of proper sourcing of raw materials and production of halal food and consumer products.
- Understand and increase the level of awareness on the Principle and Concepts of halal, definition of halal, haram and halal food.
- Share and apply the knowledge gained in today’s halal Industry.
- Participants will also understand the stringent process of halal application and basic general requirements for halal certification in Malaysia.
PHEIO Management Sdn. Bhd
No 19-2, Jalan Elektron F, U16/F E-Boulevard Denai Alam,
40160 Shah Alam, Selangor
Tel/ Fax: 03-78319447
Mobile/ WhatsApp: 012-2953077
6. OTHER INFORMATION
HRDF Approved Training Provider
PHEIO Management Sdn Bhd
Sijil Pendaftaran Penyedia Latihan
Serial No: 1150056T
Valid until: 05 Jan 2022
Scheme: SBL -Skim Bantuan Latihan