COURSE TITLE: Good Hygiene Practice (GHP) for Catering Services
CODE: FS 05 (1 Day)
LANGUAGE: English/ Bahasa Malaysia
1. PROGRAM OVERVIEW
This course is designed for personnel involved in the food service hygiene management and control. GHP outline basic requirement to control operation to ensure food produce is hygienic and safe in accordance to Malaysia Food Hygiene Regulation 2009.
GHP training is applicable to personnel working in large – scale catering such as hotels, catering operations in the institutions such as schools canteen and hospitals, restaurants and convention centers.
This training has also been made compulsory by some major Oil & Gas Industrial key players, as well as airline catering. GHP can also be implemented as the organization’s commitments in Safety and Health by assuring food serve within their premise are safe. It is a prerequisite to ensure staff/ consumer well-being and prevention of foodborne illness.
The training includes 1 hour assessment as evaluation of training effectiveness.
2. TARGET GROUP
- Professionals in the public/ private food sector/ chain including academia and administration
- Managers, Food Safety Team Leaders and Team Members, Hygiene Managers and those involve in Assurance of Food Safety and Hygiene Management
3. CONTENTS OUTLINE
- Introduction to Good Hygiene Practice
- Food Safety Hazards
- Food Borne Illness
- Premise Design and Facilities
- Control of operation
- Maintenance, Cleaning and Sanitation
- Pest Control
- Chemical Handling
- Personal Hygiene
- Transportation and distribution
- Product information
- Lot or batch identification
- Internal inspection – Self-inspection
4. LEARNING OUTCOMES
On successful completion of the training, participants shall be able to:
- Understand the requirement of Good Hygiene practice and the relation with other regulations i.e. Malaysia Food Regulation 2009
- Understand control of food safety hazards to prevent food borne illness
- Establish GHP as a program to be implemented across the food premise
- Establish self- inspection program to assess effectiveness of GHP implemented.
- Recognized as a competent food handler in safe food handling
PHEIO Management Sdn. Bhd
No 19-2, Jalan Elektron F, U16/F E-Boulevard Denai Alam,
40160 Shah Alam, Selangor.
Tel/ Fax: 03-78319447
Mobile/ WhatsApp: 012-2953077
6. OTHER INFORMATION
HRDF Approved Training Provider
PHEIO Management Sdn Bhd
Sijil Pendaftaran Penyedia Latihan
Serial No: 1150056T
Valid until: 05 Jan 2022
Scheme: SBL -Skim Bantuan Latihan