COURSE TITLE: ENVIRONMENTAL RISK ASSESSMENT
CODE: EM 04 (1 Day)
1. PROGRAM OVERVIEW
This course covers risk assessment (RA) from the public health, environmental risk and emergency management perspectives. Students enrolled in the Emergency Management and Continuity Planning (EMCP) Certificate will explore vulnerability and risk assessment methodologies for natural disasters and man-made events. Vulnerability assessment is the process of identifying and quantifying vulnerabilities in a system (e.g., a physical facility such as a chemical plant, or an infrastructure component such as a power plant). Vulnerability assessment has many methodological elements in common with human/ecological risk assessment. These commonalities and differences will be discussed during the course.
2. TARGET GROUP
Mid-to-upper-level professionals who aspire to become operational leaders, managers or analysts in this general area, or who plan to pursue a particular concentration within this field.
3. CONTENTS OUTLINE
- Understanding methodologies of hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment.
- Review existing hazard and risk based standards.
- Consult the hazards and risks posed by natural and man-made events.
4. LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Promote an operational understanding of hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment methodologies for natural disasters and man-made events.
- Facilitate a critical understanding of the limitations, uncertainties and potentials of these methodologies.
- Be able to apply commonly used hazard, vulnerability and risk assessment methodologies.
- Critically review existing hazard and risk based standards/guidelines and the rationale supporting the guidelines.
- Formulate remedial hazard and risk management plans.
- Consult and communicate effectively with stakeholders, interest groups and regulatory bodies concerned with the hazards and risks posed by natural and man-made events.
PHEIO Management Sdn. Bhd
No 19-2, Jalan Elektron F, U16/F E-Boulevard Denai Alam,
40160 Shah Alam, Selangor
Tel/ Fax: 03-78319447
Mobile/ WhatsApp: 012-2953077
6. OTHER INFORMATION
HRDF Approved Training Provider
PHEIO Management Sdn Bhd
Sijil Pendaftaran Penyedia Latihan
Serial No: 1150056T
Valid until: 05 Jan 2022
Scheme: SBL -Skim Bantuan Latihan